The Installations Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the Installation division. This includes but is not limited to inspiring and overseeing the installation teams, delivering exceptional customer service, exceeding efficiency and deliverable metrics through proper scheduling, process implementation and coaching. The installation manager will work closely with the sales team, HR manager and purchasing team.
- Hire, lead and inspire Installation teams. Provide sufficient leadership to achieve peak performance, continuous improvement, and a positive, safe and productive work environment consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Maximize capacity and efficiency to exceed budgeted goals
- Responsible for the scheduling of installations and install teams
- Perform periodic site visits to ensure procedures and techniques are being followed, and maximize customer service
- Act as a liaison between the company and all subcontractors and between the company and installation department
- Conduct reviews and performance evaluations with install team
- Work with Human Resources to ensure all proper training is completed
- Retain knowledge of and ensure compliance with all industry codes, permits and best practices
Who You Are
- Think of yourself as a coach. Ability to lead and inspire a team to meet mutual success
- Must have exceptional organization skills
- Present yourself as a professional to both your clients and coworkers.
- Lifelong learner looking to grow in the HVAC and Customer Service fields
- Must have the ability to know job costing and understand how to maximize profitability.
- Must be driven to achieve goals and confident in your ability to do so
- Must want to be part of something bigger than just a job. To know that you’re in a place where you’re appreciated and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company.
- Experience in leading teams is essential
- Experience in HVAC industry is an asset
To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit, stand, walk, type, write, use handle controls; hear, and speak.
The candidate will drive an automobile, manipulate a computer keyboard consistently and accurately. The employee may be required to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
The work environment is fast-paced, time-sensitive and exciting. The noise level is usually moderate but will vary occasionally. The work environment will subject employees to interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent, and constant communication with team members is required.
Wardlaw Heating & Cooling Inc welcomes and encourages all applications. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.