Air Conditioning Repair in Sault Ste Marie
With 24/7 emergency services, qualified technicians, and over 40 years of successfully operating in the community, the Wardlaw Heating & Cooling team is well-prepared to provide homeowners in the Sault Ste Marie area with air conditioning repair needs. Our leading professionals are on-call around the clock to ensure homeowners can enjoy the comforts of their homes all year round.
Call Wardlaw today for fast, reliable air conditioning repair in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, today.
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
There are several reasons why your air conditioning unit is running but not cooling your home. However, a common reason for this malfunction is that your filtration system or a/c coils are clogged with debris. Another common cause is because your refrigerant is leaking into the interior of your air conditioning unit, which prevents the air from cooling.
Furthermore, it is possible that your air conditioning unit has aged and can no longer function optimally for your home. Regardless, if your air conditioning unit is not cooling the air throughout your home, the best course of action homeowners can take is to call a professional company like Wardlaw Heating & Cooling to inspect the problem before offering solutions to have their a/c up and running in no time.
Does Your AC Need Repairs? Know the Warning Signs
Some home appliances are easier to diagnose if there is a problem than others. And, when it comes to servicing your air conditioning unit, homeowners often wait until the last minute to call a professional technician to their home. As a result, minor problems typically manifest into more significant issues that can be more costly. Therefore, to avoid unexpected repair costs, it’s essential that homeowners know what signs they should be looking for that could indicate there is a problem with their air conditioning unit. Here are some of the warning signs you should keep an eye out for around your home:
- Although your thermostat says it’s cool throughout your home, the temperature reading is inaccurate.
- Your air conditioning unit turns off and on throughout the day without changing the temperature in your home.
- Your air conditioning unit blows out warm air throughout your ventilation system rather than chilled air.
- You and your family are experiencing allergy-like symptoms, including stuffy noses and scratchy throats.
- The airflow coming through your home’s ventilation system is weak and unable to cool each room accordingly.
- Your air conditioning unit makes strange noises as it operates, including hissing noises and rattling.
- A foul odor radiates from your air conditioning unit when it is on.
- You notice there is water leaking in and around your air conditioning unit.
- The air in your home is highly humid as not enough moisture is being drawn from it while your air conditioning unit functions.
- You’ve noticed recently that your monthly energy bill cost has increased significantly.
Is it worth it to repair an air conditioner?
Generally speaking, your home’s air conditioning unit has a lifespan of approximately 10 to 15 years before it will need to be entirely replaced. However, if your air conditioning unit is under 10 years old and has been relatively well-maintained throughout the years without any previous issues, it may be more cost-effective to repair it rather than replace the unit entirely.
With that being said, the best thing for homeowners is to call a professional air conditioning company to come to inspect their unit. A qualified technician will be able to diagnose the problem quickly and provide you with advice as to whether it would be more beneficial for you to repair or replace your unit altogether.
How do I know if my home AC compressor is bad?
Your air conditioning unit’s compressor is responsible for pushing heated and cool air throughout your ventilation system and into each room. Therefore, if your compressor begins to malfunction or break down ultimately, the rest of your air conditioning unit will not be able to function correctly. Some signs that your air conditioner compressor is not performing correctly include:
- Your air conditioning unit makes weird noises such as growling, clattering, and screeching sounds.
- Your air conditioning unit is difficult to turn on.
- Your air conditioning unit has stopped blowing out cold air throughout your home.
- You are experiencing circuit breaker problems.
- The airflow throughout your home has significantly diminished and is therefore unable to cool your home.
Have you noticed any of these signs around your home? If the answer is yes, it’s time to call a professional company to perform your air conditioning repair in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. Call or book a consultation online with the friendly and experienced team at Wardlaw Heating & Cooling today!