Heating Services in Sault Ste Marie
Wardlaw Heating & Cooling is here to help residential homeowners maximize their energy efficiency in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, for all your heating needs. Our professional team consists of experienced, qualified technicians who are available around the clock, 24-hours a day, to provide emergency services whenever you need us.
Call the team at Wardlaw Heating & Cooling directly or book a free home consultation for more information on how we can help with your home’s heating in Sault Ste Marie today.
What to expect during a furnace Installation?
At Wardlaw Heating & Cooling, we strive to make our installation processes as smooth as possible so homeowners can get back to their regular routine in no time. When partnering with our professional and experienced technicians, you can expect an efficient and thorough, stress-free installation. When arriving at your home, a qualified and licensed technician will remove your old furnace to make from for the new one you have purchased.
Once the old furnace has been safely removed and deposited outside of your home, they will work to ensure your new heating system is installed correctly and safely by connecting it to the duct system and ventilation pipes. Lastly, once all connection points have been sealed, your technician will connect your new furnace to its gas or electrical power supply before testing it to ensure everything is working correctly.
How does a furnace Work?
A furnace is a home heating system that functions by pushing heated air into ducts installed throughout your home to provide heat to each room through air vents. Your furnace can either be powered by natural gas, fuel oil, or electricity. Depending on the size of your home, along with other factors, your home’s furnace size will directly influence how much energy it takes to adequately heat and maintain your home’s temperature regardless of what the weather is like outside. Therefore, it is essential that homeowners have the proper furnace installed to ensure they can maximize their energy efficiency each month.
How can we help you find the right furnace?
Choosing the right furnace system for your home is key to ensuring it can efficiently heat each space with the least amount of energy. For example, a furnace that is too large for your home will be:
- Less energy efficient
- Have a shorter lifespan
- Need more repairs over the years
- Warm some areas of your home too quickly before shutting off and leaving other rooms in your home freezing
On the other hand, a furnace that is too small for your home will:
- Be unable to heat your home in cooler temperatures.
- Have uneven heating throughout your home
- Lead to higher energy bills as you will need to use your furnace for longer to attempt to make your home a comfortable temperature
Therefore, with the help of our professional technicians, we’ll help you find the right-size furnace for your home relative to:
- The square footage of each space
- The age of your home
- How many windows you have
- The ceiling height
- The type of ductwork you have
- The number of floors on your property
- Your home’s exposure to the sun
By considering these factors, we can provide you with recommendations that will help you maximize your energy efficiency and heat your home to a comfortable temperature with ease.
Have you considered changing your furnace?
No matter how well you maintain your home’s furnace throughout the years, as it gets older, its ability to efficiently heat your home and keep each room at a comfortable temperature diminishes greatly. Generally speaking, your home’s furnace system can last anywhere between 10 to 15 years before needing to be replaced entirely.
However, homeowners should begin searching for a new system around the 10-year mark and consider replacing their system altogether, as it can end up costing you more in the long run on your monthly energy bill than it will to make an upfront investment that will pay itself off over time. Therefore, if you have begun questioning whether it is time to replace your furnace system, the best thing you can do is contact a professional company in Sault Ste Marie for more information.
How do you tell if your furnace is going bad?
Sometimes, it can be challenging to know when your home appliances aren’t working as they should until the damage is already done, especially if you don’t know what it is you’re exactly looking for. This can not only end up costing you more money in repairs, but it can also lead to unanticipated damages. Therefore, if you’re unsure whether there’s something wrong with your furnace, here are some signs to look out for that can indicate damage:
- Your furnace will not turn on at all
- If you have a gas-powered furnace, you may notice the piolet light is discolored (emitting a yellow color rather than a blue)
- You are having difficulties maintaining a comfortable temperature throughout your home.
- Strange noises such as rattling, clicking, humming, banging, and squealing are coming from your furnace when it is on.
- You notice your furnace has poor airflow.
- Your furnace is over 10 – 15 years old.
- Your monthly energy bill has increased significantly in the past couple of months.
- There is a strange odor coming from your furnace.
- As hard as you try, you can never keep a stable temperature throughout your home, causing you to constantly adjust your thermostat.
- You or a family member may be experiencing unexplained health concerns such as flu-like symptoms and headaches.
- The air in your home is extremely dry and dusty.
- Your furnace blower motor is always working.
Have you noticed any of these signs throughout your home? If the answer is yes, then it may be time to look into getting your home’s furnace system replaced. For all residential problems with heating in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, call the professional team at Wardlaw Heating & Cooling today or book a free consultation online for more information.